Spark Your Passion
Spark is an affinity group of Greater Toledo Community Foundation designed to develop the next generation of young community philanthropists in northwest Ohio. It is a curated experience designed to help you ignite your philanthropic passions. As a member of this new wave of philanthropists, you will have the chance to make a measurable impact in our community while being equipped with the tools and insights to create a lifetime of transformative change.
How you can get involved?
Ignite Your Inner Philanthropist
Join Spark 2020, a new Toledo affinity group
Even as the fortunes of some in our community have increased, many northwest Ohioans continue to face serious and sometimes life-threatening challenges. Learn more from the 2019 Community Needs Assessment. We need your help to improve the lives of our neighbors.
Participation requires a personal investment of $750.
This year-long commitment gives you the opportunity to:
1. Follow your investment through a real-world grant cycle.
2. Learn the business of philanthropy from Spark’s curriculum as well as experienced community leaders.
3. Connect with passionate local philanthropists who are a part of Greater Toledo Community Foundation’s network.
What to expect from Spark 2020
This year-long commitment gives you the opportunity to participate in a full grant cycle—from ideation to selection to impact. All while gleaning from the expertise of passionate local leaders and connecting with local philanthropists affiliated with Greater Toledo Community Foundation.
- Session 1 – Workshop: Philanthropic Passions Meet Community Needs
- Session 2 – Spark Tank: Live presentations from nonprofits vying for Spark grant dollars.
- Session 3 – Immersion: Site visit to chosen nonprofit
- Session 4 – Panel Discussion: Exploring philanthropic models and strategies that create change
- Close out – This 2020 Spark event will showcase the community impact of the inaugural year’s grant. We will also kick off the cycle for the next membership year.
The Savvy Philanthropist’s Guide to Impacting Northwest Ohio
As a Spark member, you will receive Spark’s Curriculum which will become your go-to resource for understanding the business of philanthropy, how to best impact a community, and the current community needs of northwest Ohio.
The curriculum includes:
- Philanthropy 101: The history of charity, current best practices, and what makes a great nonprofit
- Grant Making 101: The grant cycle process and success factors for sound funding decisions
- Community Needs & Transformative Change: The sharing of research-based community needs and strategies for transformative change
A customized experience designed to ignite your philanthropic passions.
Spark is an affinity group of Greater Toledo Community Foundation designed to develop the next generation of young community philanthropists in northwest Ohio. As a member of the next generation of philanthropists, you will make a measurable impact in our community while being equipped with the tools necessary to create transformative change.
Learn more about the Greater Toledo Community Foundation by clicking here.