TOLEDO, OHIO, December 14, 2020 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded the third and final round of grants totaling $100,650 from its Community Resilience Fund to eight area nonprofit organizations. Combined with two previous rounds of grants announced in September and October, this brings the total granted from the Community Resilience Fund to $247,824. Like the COVID-19 Response Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation, one hundred percent of the funds received for this fund were distributed back to the community.
Grants from the Foundation’s Community Resilience Fund are designed to assist nonprofit organizations in the Greater Toledo region in transitioning to sustainable recovery efforts in the wake of circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grants were recently awarded to the following organizations:
• After-School All Stars – $15,000 was awarded to transition service delivery to residential locations through a partnership with Lucas Metropolitan Housing.
• Arts Commission of Greater Toledo – $6,620 was awarded to support the capacity building project.
• Children’s Theatre Workshop – $9,000 was awarded to support collaboration programming among three theatrical companies designed to explore long-term partnerships in the sector.
• Girl Scouts of Western Ohio – $15,000 was awarded to support the technology upgrades needed to offer programming in a virtual format.
• Lutheran Social Services of Northwest Ohio – $14,030 was awarded to support technology costs required to transition to a telehealth service delivery for mental health programming.
• Toledo Opera – $15,000 was awarded to support the transition from large theatrical productions to a small-scale troupe model utilizing resident artists.
• Toledo Repertoire Company dba Toledo Repertoire Theater – $11,000 was awarded to support a collaboration with two other performing arts groups to transition to virtual performances.
• Water for Ishmael – $15,000 was awarded to support the American School for Women program.
See our website for a list of all recipients of grants from this fund at https://www.toledocf.org/gtcf-covid-19-response-fund-grantees/.
About Greater Toledo Community Foundation
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 900 funds with assets of approximately $330 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.