Introduction to 2019 Program
#GivingTuesday™ is a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, charities, families, businesses, community centers and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give. Greater Toledo Community Foundation encourages northwest Ohio nonprofit organizations to participate in this global day of giving by offering eligibility to receive one of three $5,000 grant awards to charities that register and participate in the local campaign, #GivingTuesdayNWO.
Organizations that register for the grant program prior to GivingTuesday, participate in the day of giving by collecting contributions via online donation, cash, check or from a Donor Advised Fund at Greater Toledo Community Foundation, and complete a results survey are eligible to be selected for one of three total grant awards issued. A random selection process will be utilized to identify organizations from the following categories:
- Large Organization Category – for organizations with an annual operating budget more than $500,000
- Small Organization Category – for organizations with an annual operating budget less than $500,000
- Mastermind Participant Category – The Center for Nonprofit Resources offered a free GivingTuesday Mastermind session to prepare organizations to make the most of the day of giving. Masterminds are gatherings of people in pursuit of a goal and include brainstorming, education, peer support and accountability. The workshop was held on September 18, 2019. Organizations that sent representatives (staff or volunteer) to a session will qualify for this category.
Note: Nonprofits that meet the criteria to qualify as a Mastermind Participant Organization will receive an entry in both that category, as well as the Large or Small Organization category, but will only be eligible to receive one award.
Please review all of the information below to ensure your nonprofit follows all the steps to qualify for this award.
#GivingTuesdayNWO for Nonprofits
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is requesting your participation in this local day of giving. Organizations that register with the Foundation, participate in the day of giving, and complete a results survey following GivingTuesday will be eligible for one of three $5,000 awards drawn randomly from the pool of all participants.
1. Between October 29 and December 2 at noon, register your intent to participate in #GivingTuesdayNWO. This step is a pre-requisite to qualify for consideration of a $5,000 award. Registration is now closed.
Use this logo to identify the program on your webpage:
2. If you are interested in being considered for one of three $5,000 awards for participating in #GivingTuesdayNWO, click here to view the grant guidelines.
3. The Results Survey will be open from noon on December 10, 2019 through 11:59 pm on January 10, 2020. Click here to complete the survey.
4. Do you have additional questions? Click here for our Nonprofit FAQ.
#GivingTuesdayNWO for Donors
On December 3, 2019, we are asking donors to consider making a gift to their favorite local charities. When you do, charities that are registered with us will have a chance to receive a $5,000 unrestricted grant.
1. Click here to view the final list (as of 12/2/19) of eligible northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan nonprofits participating in GivingTuesdayNWO .
2. Do you have questions about #GivingTuesdayNWO from the donor’s perspective? Click here for our Donor FAQ.
3. If you use social media, please consider sharing information about your donation via Facebook or Twitter and use #GivingTuesdayNWO.